Supported by a cross-party group of MEPs, the Cool products, warm homes manifesto calls on the European Commission, Member States and MEPs to:
· Adopt a mandatory 20 per cent energy saving target by 2020
· Establish more coherent product and buildings legislation to close gaps and define clear responsibilities
· Set ambitious standards for new build (all new buildings should be net zero carbon by 2015)
· Allow only the most efficient heating and cooling products onto the market
· Redirect finance into renovation and retrofit of existing buildings
Download the manifesto here.