At VW, what you see is not what you get. The same is true with home appliances. Firms are deliberately overstating the performance of their products through a legal loophole that could be costing consumers as much as €2bn a year. Reforms to close the loophole have been frozen by European Commission chiefs nervous of VW-like headlines.
- Manufacturers deliberately overstating product performance
- Whistleblower: the problem is endemic in the lighting sector
- Loophole could be costing consumers €2bn a year in higher energy bills
- European Commission sitting on a silver bullet legal reform
- Electrolux criticises Commission